Having self-protection is indeed very vital in this generation. Specifically with the different risks that are often unexpected and bring you unpredictable losses. But choosing self-protection insurance is not an easy matter.
Especially for those of you who are still new to the world of insurance. Moreover, each type of insurance is usually subdivided into several products. For example in life insurance and personal accident insurance.
Difference between Life Insurance and Accident Insurance
Before you select one, of course, you want to know the difference between the two types of insurance. Both in terms of advantages and disadvantages of this type of insurance. You don’t need to be confused, because the following will explain the difference between life insurance and personal accident insurance.
- Simply define, life insurance benefits will be given to the insured’s family if the insured dies. Usually, this compensation is in the form of cash to the insured party or family.
- Within a specific time limit that has been agreed in advance. When considering the benefits offered, it is not surprising that many people choose to use this type of insurance. Especially by those who have many family dependents.
- This is what then makes this type of insurance widely known by many people and is also widely used. The reason is that the system is relatively easy and the feedback looks simple. So for those of you who are still new, you certainly won’t be confused when using this type of insurance.
- How do you understand the difference between personal accident insurance and life insurance? This explanation will also make it easier for you to choose which type of insurance is most suitable.
Personal Accident Insurance
- If you already know the meaning of life insurance then the next thing to know is the definition of personal accident insurance. Starting with the definition of personal accident insurance, namely security or compensation that will be given under certain conditions.
- Call it such as the circumstance of accidents, injured, disabled to death. A collection of risks that are often destructive but cannot be denied if they have occurred. Providing special protection to yourself can be one solution.
- Because this insurance will compensate or replace the costs you must bear when you experience the losses that have been mentioned earlier. Although it is indisputable that this type of insurance is indeed less popular than other types of insurance.
- But for those of you who want to get maximum protection, maybe there’s nothing incorrect with choosing this insurance. Moreover, the amount of premiums that must be paid alone is still very reasonable when compared to the protection that will be provided.
The difference between personal accident insurance and life insurance lies in the sort of death or loss that is a condition for providing compensation. Life insurance generally only includes protection against death, while personal accident insurance not only provides settlement for death due to an accident but also provides benefits when a person is disabled due to an accident.
The coverage protected by accident insurance ranges from comprehensive coverage covering permanent and temporary disability to covering only total disability or accidental death.